On October 17th, Extole hosted its first Social Advocacy Summit during Social Week in NYC. Held in the heart of Chelsea at the historic Altman Building, the Summit focused on the next generation of Social Marketing and the role Social Advocacy plays in the fundamental transformation of marketing in a social world. Bringing together thought leaders, analysts, agencies and brands to participate in the dialogue, the Social Advocacy Summit covered topics including the impact of Facebook’s Open Graph on marketers, the convergence of media types and how to measure social marketing ROI.
The list of speakers featured Extole CEO, Brad Klaus, and Altimeter Principal Analyst, Brian Solis, as well as panel participants from Altimeter, Facebook, Conde Nast, Citi, Seamless, WOMMA, Digitas, Optimal, Inc., VivaKi and Pottery Barn Kids.
The Summit hashtag, #Advocacy2012 filled the twittersphere and was in full swing for the event. I started my list with my picks for the top 10 tweets from the event, but then added an honorable mention! Here they are:
1. Your brand is what people say about you when you aren’t in the room – @briansolis #advocacy2012
2. Next gen of social marketing – let your consumers be your story tellers and inspire more WOM @bradleyklaus #advocacy2012
3. Brands shouldn’t be thinking about Above the Line and Below the Line Media – it’s ‘Around the Line‘ in today’s social landscape #advocacy2012
4. I’d rather have an Army of Advocates with many small acknowledgements – than a brand seeking on a few perfect influencers #advocacy2012
5. When you find passionate advocates for your brand, magical things happen. ~@suzanneWOMMA #advocacy2012
6. @brainsolis ultimate moment of trust when a customer shares their experiences about your business #Advocacy2012
7. Most brands have ugly baby syndrome about their content – no one is going to tell you it’s ugly & you’ll never see it yourself #Advocacy2012
8. You are now marketing to an audience with an audience of audiences @briansolis #Advocacy2012
9. ‘What the heck is the value of a like!?’ @FrankEliason w/ @Raman_Kia on social ROI #advocacy2012
10. Think about the business results, and design social around that. #ROI #Advocacy2012
And the honorable mention, number 11, because it makes me laugh…
11. The contrast between ad & marketing conferences in NYC and SF: SF = adtech, hackers jeans. NYC = sales, creative & suits. #advocacy2012
Join in and comment with your favorite tweet of the Summit and stay tuned for the replay next week!