Last Wednesday was special. Not only did the Extole team get to hang out all night on the terrace of the Gramercy Park Hotel, we were also lucky enough to spend the evening sipping cooling cocktails while enjoying the company of some of the best and brightest minds in marketing. Needless to say, the 2015 Referral Marketing Exchange in NYC was an absolute blast. Animated conversations with friends new and old were of course the highlight of the night. And the thought leadership presentations from our customers and referral marketing champions, filled with stories of personal, professional, and brand successes were especially exciting for us to see.
Our very own Matt Roche, CEO at Extole, also took some time to share how we’re working hard creating the future of referrals at Extole, and how he envisions referral marketing evolving as we head into 2016.
Below, check out a few of our favorite thought leadership insights we were able to quote from a memorable evening:
1. “Marketing is like investing. There is no winning stock and there is no winning acquisition channel. Just like you need a diversified portfolio to grow wealthy. Referrals are essential to a balanced marketing portfolio.”
2. “You don’t need to ask someone what their best acquisition channel is… that’s a level 1 marketer question.”
3. “You’re going to get 10% of acquisition in this channel, and 20% in that other channel, and 30% in that other channel. And referrals might become your lowest CPA or highest volume channel – but you need to be doing everything in a cashflow positive way.”
4. “A great referral program makes the most of a moment of attention, and uses it to create action and connection. And then it repeats…”
6. “Referral is not Direct Marketing, Referral is not advertising. Referral is part of your Brand”
Thanks to everyone who made the event spectacular. For those not fortunate enough to have made it to the Big Apple, keep your eyes out for an invite to the next Referral Marketing Exchange, coming soon to a city near you.